The amount of your allowance depends on your income and on your household situation (e.g. alone, a single parent or a couple). The amount is decided by the government and changes annually (usually, it increases a little bit every year). You qualify for healthcare allowance if you meet the following conditions (2020 guidelines):
- You are 18 years or older
- You have a Dutch health insurance
- You are Dutch or you have a valid residence permit
- If you have no fiscal partner:
- Your annual gross income is under €30.481
- Your financial assets are under €116.613
- If you have a fiscal partner:
- Your collective gross income is under €38.945
- Your collective financial assets are under €147.459
The exact amounts of income and savings that you are allowed to have change annually. If you get the full allowance in 2020, the amount you will receive is €104 per month, which will be transferred around the 20th each month. Every year, you will get an overview of how much you will receive the year after, and at the end of the year, you will get an overview stating how much money you have received in total.
In order to apply for your healthcare benefit, you can click here to start the process.