Cannabis Rules in The Netherlands
- If you are minor, the consumption is not allowed
- You cannot buy or have more than 5 grams on you (1-month imprisonment or €4100 fine)
- Growing cannabis is allowed for up to 5 plants per household and only for personal use
- In the cities close to the borders you will need to show your resident permit. So-called "weed pass" rule which prevents foreigner from buying cannabis.
- Disobeying such rules can get you a fine of €45.000 and up to 12 years imprisonment.
TIP: There is a difference between walking and smoking in Amsterdam and doing the same in a small city. What is accepted in Amsterdam or in other Dutch big city is not always accepted in the rest of the country.